Location: Toronto, ON
Farmers Canada is an online marketplace for Farmers, where farmers from all around the world can easily connect with local consumers. We help Farmers and their families setup their online farm store, understand it, and find local consumers. At Farmers Canada, farmers become “Independent”, working directly from their farms or homes. The platform includes a unique farmers portal, where the farmers can manage their produce, list services or even rent their tools and farm space. The platform is in beta, and we are ramping commercialization in 2018.
Our ideal UI/UX Designer hire can create useful, intuitive, user centered designs from project concept through execution. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
You will support team members and provide tactical deliverables to meet project needs. You will help develop concepts and then produce quality site maps, wireframes, prototypes, user flows and annotations with high attention to detail. Your work will be grounded by your participation in research activities such as competitive analyses, heuristic reviews and usability testing.
- Sketch and wire-frame digital experiences
- Annotate complex interactions
- Create user flows, sitemaps and other communication artifacts
- Develop simple interactive prototypes
- Communicate and articulate design rationales
- Observe, document and interpret user research
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure high quality work
- Creating and communicating concepts that intrigue and inspire your both peers and clients – with smart rational to back them up
- Designing comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables
- Collaborating and partnering with copywriters to ensure that both the copy and the visuals are in perfect
Key Selection Factors
- A four-year degree
- Additional study in Human Factors or Graphic Design.
- 3-5 years experience designing websites, brand guidelines, interface design and concept navigations
- Enough research experience to be dangerous
- A robust portfolio of work across devices and platforms
- Basic understanding of front end development technologies
- A familiarity with common social platforms
- Creative agency experience desired
- Energy, a sense of humor and an open & curious mind (yes, these things really do matter)
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills and a robust portfolio that shows your talent in both print and Web
- Strong experience on large cross-channel and/or direct-marketing initiatives across media, both online and off
- Strong expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, in-depth understanding of HTML/dHTML and Web browser
- Capabilities, and strong typographical, motion graphic, and interaction design skills – including Flash, Ajax, Flex, and emerging platforms
- A four-year degree, plus two to four years of art direction and strong digital design work experience
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
Email us your resume and cover letter at [email protected]